Our client was founded in April 2013 and serves customers in 185 countries. Our client helps people achieve their life goals through highly personalized learning with the world’s best online tutors. The goal for the upcoming year is to make Our client the #1 marketplace for online language tutoring in the world. Our client is looking for a Data Director to lead our Data team aiming at focusing on building the right data infrastructure to gather & produce qualitative data, generate & deliver usable visualizations & analysis at various levels of the company.
Our client is looking for a strong experienced professional and a true visionary leader to lead their Data team aiming at focusing on gathering and producing qualitative data, generating and delivering usable visualizations and analysis at various levels of the company.
We expect you to grow our data foundation to the next level, with a medium-long term vision of being effective with AI and machine learning. This requires you to lead, in the next 12 months, on the enablement of the hierarchy of data needs.
● Promote data enablement, embody the impact of data management on the company
● Be the reference point for the growing team of data analysts, data scientists and data engineers embracing a true “growth mindset”
● Scale the Data team from 5 to 30 people over the next 2 years with the best talent on the market
● Implement the right processes so that data can be a strong pillar of the company strategy
● Define the technological route and guarantee the technology choices on Data
– Provide accurate, deep and thorough data analysis of all matters linked to our business
– Help the team provide actionable insights and best practices to other teams and managers (Growth, Product, PR…). A data literacy course would also be a great plus to enable teams to become better at analysing data
– Drive the team towards complete daily/weekly monitoring of KPIs & deep analysis of subjects that will arise from it
– Enable others to analyse data for growth purposes
● Data Engineering
-Build a team and choose the tools that will ensure reliable, transparent & structured data-
-Contribute to the development of a 5-star architecture, integrating multiple internal & external sources of data-
● Data Science
Lead the data science effort to support product evolutions
Enable the data science effort to drive new strategies for CRM, churn prediction, forecast modelling & more
Your competency profile
● 7+ years experience in data analysis or Business Intelligence
● Master’s degree or PhD
● Excellent management skills, demonstrated ability to take data science teams to the next level, great storytelling
● Deep familiarity with marketplace dynamics
● Knowledge of Big Data technologies: AWS or Google stack, TensorFlow, Spark, tracking softwares (Branch), analytics, mobile CRM, Tableau Software etc.
● Understanding of growth as a discipline, aarrr framework, product and channel market fit concepts as well as main marketing channels and their effectiveness related measurement
● People-first approach: ability to interview, hire, manage, lead, engage and motivate team on a daily basis. Great at communication and collaboration
For more information, contact Franziska Palumbo-Seidel at firstname.lastname@example.org